The South Union Pony Club are hosting the Area 5 Minimus again this year at Kilguilkey in Mallow on the 26th May. This should be a very exciting competition for the club on home turf.
In order to take park in the Minimus you must fall under the following criteria:
– You must be Under 12 on the 1st of January of the current year to be eligible to take part in the Minimus.
– However new members to the Pony Club who are older can take part HC at the competition in order to gain valuable competition experience.
– D+ test standard – While it is NOT a requirement to have the D+ it is recommended for this competition.
PASSPORTS AND VACCINATIONS MUST BE UP TO DATE
We would ask that ideally all passports are viewed by a vet, to verify that all is in order.
All ponies must have received:
(1) A Primary Course of TWO injections not less than 21 days or more than 92 days apart.
(2) A First Booster must be given 5 – 7 months (not less than 150 days and not more than 215 days) after the second injection of the Primary Course.
(3) Thereafter, Annual Boosters are to be given not more than 12 months apart.
(4) Vaccination within 7 days prior to entering the Racecourse Stables is NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ANY vaccination.
(5) If at any time an injection is given later than is required under these rules, the whole sequence must be started from the beginning, including the 5 – 7 month booster. If you are unsure, please ask your vet to check your vaccinations NOW.
While this is being notified regarding the Minimus – it applies equally to all venues for IPC competitions e.g. Stables to be used at/near Annaharvey Eq., Mullingar Equestrian, Tattersalls Irl., Clonmel Racecourse etc.
Below is a check list of clothes, tack etc. required for the main competition. While some of these may seem obvious please check carefully, any information needed regarding hat standard etc. can be found on the main IPC website. This is a good check list for all members to familiarise themselves with as safety is so important.
Check List before Minimus Cross Country Tack Inspection
TO AVOID DELAYS AND UPSETS PLEASE CHECK ALL THE FOLLOWING ARE IN ORDER BEFORE PRESENTING FOR TACK INSPECTION WITH YOUR PONIES PASSPORT.
Is my skull cap the correct standard and properly fitted?
Do I have a yellow silk?
Is my back protector BETA Level 3 – 2009?
Is all stitching on my tack safe (especially stirrup leathers)?
Do my stirrups fit my boots (is there 2 cm space on either side of the foot)?
Are my stirrup bars down? – no safety stirrups!
Is my tack fitted correctly?
Have I a self-tying stock and is it tied properly?
Have I got my medical armband with my photo and membership card ON MY ARM?
Have I got long sleeves to cover my arms? Club x-Country jersey required.
Have I removed all my jewellery, including stock pin?
Have I got my ponies passport available for inspection?
Girls – have I put on my Hair Net?
White square Numnah and White Jods!
All information on Tack Sheet for X-Country can be found below.
Ponies will need to be clean, plated and well presented.
There’s a lot to check isn’t there but every one of them is very important!
Any queries on any of the above please buzz me on 0868155279.